About the Martin Meylin Middle School Media Center
The library collection is comprised of over 11,000 items. Available resources include books, magazines, eBooks and eAudiobooks. In addition, students have access to databases such as CultureGrams, World Book Online, Encyclopedia Britannica Online, and Cavendish Square Civil War, as well as the many resources in in PA Power Library.
The mission of the Martin Meylin Library Media Center is to work in a collaborative environment with faculty and staff to promote reading and provide resources and services that allow students and teachers to be effective users of information in a variety of formats.
The Media Center is a place for creativity, collaboration, discovery, and research.
Media Center Hours
Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Meet the Librarian
Elizabeth Henry, Secondary Librarian
Ms. Henry has been the librarian at L-S HS since 2007. Since 2011, she has served as librarian at both the middle school and high school. Prior to joining the staff at L-S, she worked for several years as the librarian at East Juniata High School in McAlisterville, PA. Outside of school, Ms. Henry's hobbies include reading (of course!) She also enjoys volunteering at the Quarryville Library over summer break.
- M.S. in Library Science, Clarion University
- B.S. Ed. in Library Science, Clarion University
- Pioneer Yearbook Business Advisor
- Pioneer Pageturners Student Bookclub Co-Advisor
- HS Leadership Council Member
- MS Creative Arts Team
- Martin Meylin Reading Olympics Co-Advisor
- Lancaster-Lebanon Librarians Collaborative
- Lancaster County Library Association
- PSLA (Pennsylvania School Librarians Association)
- Member, PSLA Teaching & Learning - Literature Review
- AASL (American Association of School Librarians)
- ALA (American Library Association.
Please contact Elizabeth Henry, Secondary Librarian, or Cheri Bournelis, Martin Meylin Library Assistant, with questions or concerns.